automatic beaming of tuplets only - is this possible ?

From: Eby Mani
Subject: automatic beaming of tuplets only - is this possible ?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 06:14:01 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All, I couldn't find how achieve the following, i tried fiddling with \set
Timing and \overrideTimeSignatureSettings related commands for beaming.

1, Automatically replace tuplet bracket with a slur.

2, Automatically break beaming of tuplets of value 16. If no tuplet, then the
beaming should default.
e.g. by default lilypond beams tuplets {c16 d e} and f8 together. What i want
is the f8 should not be beamed together with tuplet. And if there is { c16 d32
e f16 } in a tuplet, it should be beamed together.

Is point number 2 possible without manual beam breaks ?.

I'm on lilypond 2.16.2 on ubuntu and use the following format to enter music;

global = {

}

violin = \relative c'' {
\global
music
}
organ-rh = \relative c' {
\global
music
}
organ-lh = \relative c' {
\global
music
}
pedal = \relative c {
\global
music
}

\score {
<<
\new Staff = "violin" {\violin}
<<
\new PianoStaff \with { instrumentName = "Organ" }
<<
\new Staff = "right" {\organ-rh}
\new Staff = "left" {\organ-lh}

\new Staff = "pedal" {\clef bass \pedal}

\layout { }
}

Many thanks,
Eby