Re: automatic beaming of tuplets only - is this possible ?

From: Eby Mani
Subject: Re: automatic beaming of tuplets only - is this possible ?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 14:26:25 +0000 (UTC)

Many thanks Urs.

2.16.2 is what is available on the repos, thus sticking to.

Eby

 To: "Eby Mani" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
 Date: Tuesday, 21 November, 2017, 7:55 AM

 Am 21. November 2017 07:14:01 MEZ schrieb Eby
 Mani <address@hidden>:
 >Hi All, I couldn't find how achieve the
 following, i tried fiddling
 >with \set
 Timing and \overrideTimeSignatureSettings related
 commands
 >for beaming.
 >
 >1, Automatically
 replace tuplet bracket with a slur.

 >2, Automatically break beaming of tuplets
 of value 16. If no tuplet,
 >then the
 beaming should default.
 >e.g. by default address@hidden,
 lilypond beams tuplets {c16 d e} and f8 together. What
 >i want is the f8 should not be beamed
 together with tuplet. And if
 >there is {
 c16 d32 e f16 } in a tuplet, it should be beamed
 together.

 >Is point
 number 2 possible without manual beam breaks ?.

 Not yet.
 We have just started a discussion about how tuplets should
 affect beaming and the subdivision of secondary beams.
 Hopefully this will be fixed in the foreseeable
 future.
 Which leads to ...
  address@hidden,

 >I'm on lilypond
 2.16.2 on ubuntu

 This is *really* outdated. 2.18 has been the
 stable release for years now, and you should switch at least
 to that version.

 Urs

 --
 Diese
 Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Gerät mit K-9 Mail