Re: Moving from lilypond 2.18 to 2.19

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Moving from lilypond 2.18 to 2.19
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 18:09:54 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Wallis <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Here is a small example:
>>
>>    /opt/local/share/lilypond/2.19.80/scm/lily-library.scm:375:14: Wrong
>>    type argument in position 1 (expecting Context_mod): #f
>>
>> ... but works fine in 2.18.2
>
> You know: the minimal example would have been
>
> \midi { \time 4/4 }
>
> and that would have saved adding a lot of other explanation:

> I'm currently writing two fixes.  One makes a better warning, the other
> does not trigger it.

Tracker issue: 5241 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5241/)
Rietveld issue: 334140043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/334140043)
Issue description:
  Let \time announce itself at least in Score  Previously it just used
  whatever context had been active.  This leads to problems with \midi
  { \time 4/4 } for example.

Tracker issue: 5242 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5242/)
Rietveld issue: 338970043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/338970043)
Issue description:
  Make context-defs-from-music warn when missing context  Previously,
  this caused an error.

--
David Kastrup