Re: Markings on a percent bar

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Markings on a percent bar
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 19:14:11 +0100

Wol's lists <address@hidden> writes:

> On 23/11/17 17:17, David Kastrup wrote:
>>> Can anybody give me any hints?
>> I really hate it when people don't even_try_  entering a single note
>> themselves and leave all the work to every single reader.
>
> Sorry. But it might be a problem someone's already solved, seeing as
> it's pretty common in my sort  of music.

We are not talking about solving the problem, we are talking about
providing a skeleton of your music where one only needs to actually
solve the problem instead of entering your music.

>> That being said, you could use something like
>>
>> visibleAfter =
>> #(define-music-function (n mus) (index? ly:music?)
>
> At which point we are into music functions, and scheme, and EVERY time
> I've tried to do this sort of stuff I just get absolutely nowhere.

So type it out every time instead of writing a music function.

> The problem, from my point of view, is that lilypond syntax is simple
> and makes sense to me. As soon as scheme gets involved, the learning
> curve is like hitting a cliff.

The Scheme "involved" here is a music function wrapper.  The body of the
music function did not contain a single line of Scheme.

--
David Kastrup