Re: Indicate (barre) frets for chords to be played in guitar sheets

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Indicate (barre) frets for chords to be played in guitar sheets
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 17:39:42 -0700 (MST)

Jan Kohnert-4 wrote
> But anyway, there is a possibility to put
> text above the chord names and make chord names look the way one wants it,
> but
> is there some kind of best practice? Could somebody point me to the
> correct
> LSR page, which surely exists?
>
> Thanks a lot, folks!
>
> Kindest regards, Jan
>
> --
> MfG Jan

Hi,

First here is an older thread that shows how to put text above chord names:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Text-above-chord-names-continued-td162868.html

\version "2.19.80"

addMarkup =
#(define-music-function (parser location mrkp)(markup?)
#{
  \once \override ChordName.before-line-breaking =
    #(lambda (grob)
      (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'text
        #{
           \markup
             \override #'(direction . 1)
             \dir-column { $(ly:grob-property grob 'text) #mrkp }
        #}))
#})

<<
\new ChordNames \chordmode {
    \addMarkup \markup \italic "Text Here"
    a b c:7 d:m5- | a b c:7 d:m5- |
}
\new Staff {
    \clef treble
    \key c \major
    \time 4/4
    a' b' c'' d'' | a' b' c'' d'' |
}

%----------------------------------------------------------------------

Second,

You could also check out David's great code here that does similarly:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Text-above-Chord-td160161.html

\version "2.18.0"
\new Staff \with { \accepts ChordNames }
<<
  \new ChordNames \with { \override ChordName.outside-staff-priority = 200
                          \override ChordName.direction = #UP }
  \chordmode { c1:7 }
  c''1^"text"

%%% or
\version "2.18.0"

\score
{
    <<
        \new Lyrics \lyricmode { foo2 _4 bar }
        \new ChordNames \chordmode { c1:7 }
        \new Staff { c'2 c'4 c' }

}

However, question...did you mean chord diagrams or just the names (text)
alone? Hopefully this will get you started regardless. Give us more
information if possible, please. :)

-----
composer | sound designer | asmr artist