Re: Fontsize ornaments

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fontsize ornaments
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 09:46:48 +0100

Malte Meyn <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 03.12.2017 um 01:43 schrieb Pieter Terpstra:
>> Dear People,
>> Have a piece here with a lot, lots of acciaccatura's.
>> The fingering numbers font size under the principal notes is good
>> but those under the
>>   acciaccatura's are too small to read.
>> Is there a way to increase the fontsize under the acciaccatura's all
>> at once, without changing the
>> fontsize under the principal notes?
>
> It *seems* (I’m not sure whether it actually works like that) like
> Fingering.font-size is based on the context property fontSize and that
> is set to -3 for grace notes (Fingering.font-size = fontSize - 5) so
> for normal notes it’s -5 and for grace notes -8.

scm/music-functions.scm contains

(define general-grace-settings
  `((Voice Stem font-size -3)
    (Voice Flag font-size -3)
    (Voice NoteHead font-size -3)
    (Voice TabNoteHead font-size -4)
    (Voice Dots font-size -3)
    (Voice Stem length-fraction 0.8)
    (Voice Stem no-stem-extend #t)
    (Voice Beam beam-thickness 0.384)
    (Voice Beam length-fraction 0.8)
    (Voice Accidental font-size -4)
    (Voice AccidentalCautionary font-size -4)
    (Voice Script font-size -3)
    (Voice Fingering font-size -8)
    (Voice StringNumber font-size -8)))

If some of those settings are useless/illegible, we'd need to adjust
them generally.

--
David Kastrup