Re: Transposing an entire score (fwd)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Transposing an entire score (fwd)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 15:56:14 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 12:15 PM
Subject: Transposing an entire score (fwd)

I have a piece of choral music in 8 parts. It's too low for my choir to
sing, so I want to transpose the entire piece up from the key of F to the
key of A.

I asked an almost identical question on the forum in November and the first answer I received worked. Unfortunately, it doesn't work this time, perhaps
because the score is formatted differently.

As a mere musician, I'm afraid many of the answers I received last time were too technical for me to understand, so I'd be really grateful for simplicity
in responses.

I'm enclosing the file, just in case someone wants to fix it for me.

Thank you.

Peter

It's quite straightforward - enclose all the music you want to be transposed with curly braces and write "transpose f a" in front of the opening curly brace. An example for the second basses:

bassussecundusstaff = \context Staff = "bassussecundus" <<
\transpose f a { \global }
\clef bass
\context Voice = "bassussecundus" { \transpose f a { \bassussecundus } }

Incidentally - do check the log file produced. Your music is throwing lots of warnings.

--
Phil Holmes