Re: Transposing an entire score

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Transposing an entire score
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 13:46:38 -0500

Hi Peter,

> The music I'm trying to transpose isn't mine. I downloaded it (quite
> legally!) from CPDL. I therefore have no control over which Lilypad version
> it is.

Of course you do: use convert-ly (as I did) to update it automatically.
That's one of the great benefits of open source music.  =)

> I want to transpose the entire file up by 4 semitones (from f to a).

The attached is an updated and transposed score. Note how I've put
   \transpose f a
on line 1004. That's all that was required**.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

** There are MANY, MANY improvements I would make to the source file, if I were
serious about making this file maintainable. I just mean that in order to solve
your particular [transposition] problem, only the one command was necessary.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden