Re: Scheme programming pointers

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Scheme programming pointers
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 20:36:39 +0100

Am 05.12.2017 um 20:16 schrieb Chris Yate:
Hi all,

I can probably work a lot out on my own, but if someone could direct me to any Lilypond-specific Scheme tutorials that might help with the idea I'm thinking about, that would be super!

https://scheme-book.ursliska.de
is very much work-in-(much-less-than-I'd-like)-progress, but you may find it useful anyway.
Note that not all the entries in the TOC actually contain useful stuff yet.
It (still) stops before it gets really interesting, but my objective was an introduction to Scheme for LilyPond users, taking into account what they may already know (and not to create a text that can only be digested when you already know the topic).

I am sure there is precedent for this and I need not invent it myself!!

There's precedent (public and private), and this is generally a very fruitful approach. Others have produced infrastructures, but I can only link to some of my own stuff:

You may search for orchestralily (although this is quite old) or openLilyLib templates (http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/lilypond-templates-td206201.html)

HTH
Urs

Thanks in advance for all help :-)