Re: Folder Structure for sources / path settings

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: Folder Structure for sources / path settings
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 16:20:29 +0100 (CET)

Hi Johannes,

> certainly some of you know the great editions of Nicolas Sceaux. When I try
> to compile them on my windows system I'm always in trouble how to either
> built my folder structure accordingly or - to set the correct path
> information in frescobaldi (where I only fins path settings for the
> hypenation).
>
> I tried it with this source:
> http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/charpentier/H9_MesseMinuit.tar.gz
>
> I guess there is an easy way - at least easier than rewriting all links...

You fail to explain what actually you tried to do.

However here are a couple of general hints:
First and foremost you need to have a working make, preferrably gnumake on your
system.
I have not tried to compile these under Windows but on Linux it basically works
by cd'ing into the directory with the Makefile and then issuing a
  make <target>
and <target> being anything starting in the first column left of the
termination colon ':' (ignoring all .PHONY:)

Also be aware the archive you mentioned above is NOT self contained as it
contains symbolic links to other archives, i.e. you need to extract other
archives as well. Not sure it would work on Windows at all because of the
symbolic links.

Finally all of the great editions of Nicolas Sceaux use grossly outdated
versions of Lilypond and at least partly need to be brought up to a more
current version before you can rebuild them w/o issues.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
Michael Gerdau email: address@hidden