Re: Required font for simplified Chinese characters?

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Required font for simplified Chinese characters?
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 21:15:54 +1100

Hi James,

I don't know about the crash, but on Ubuntu you can observe all the Chinese fonts available to lilypond with:

$ lilypond -dshow-available-fonts 2>&1 | grep CJK
family Noto Sans Mono CJK JP
 Noto Sans Mono CJK JP,Noto Sans Mono CJK JP Bold:style=Bold,Regular
family Noto Sans Mono CJK KR
 Noto Sans Mono CJK KR,Noto Sans Mono CJK KR Bold:style=Bold,Regular
family Noto Sans CJK JP
 Noto Sans CJK JP,Noto Sans CJK JP Bold:style=Bold,Regular
family Noto Sans CJK JP
 Noto Sans CJK JP,Noto Sans CJK JP Thin:style=Thin,Regular
family Noto Sans CJK SC
 Noto Sans CJK SC,Noto Sans CJK SC Bold:style=Bold,Regular
family Noto Sans CJK SC
 Noto Sans CJK SC,Noto Sans CJK SC Thin:style=Thin,Regular

or similar. [I have installed all the CKJ Noto series.]

Then we have, for example:

\version "2.19.80"

\markup {
  \override #'(font-name . "Noto Sans Mono CJK SC")
  "为星海音乐学院的电脑乐团,2017年秋天"
}

If you want to set a CJK font globally I am sure you know how to do that.

Andrew