Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 09:41:31 +0100

> Until now I’ve stuck to my resolve to not open that can of potential
> problems coming with less stable Ubuntu versions. How much of a risk is
> there?

Hi Simon,

I had small issues (like this Frescobaldi one, not working switch user,
some missing icons for non-gnome applications) with almost any version,
no matter if LTS or 'normal' release. But in general all versions of the
last years worked for me.

With 17.10 you should be aware that it does not ship with the previous
default desktop Unity but with Gnome. And of course, you would have to
update more often, but you can also rejoin the LTS-cycle with 18.04.

Cheers,
Joram