Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 3.0 CRASHES
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 15:03:36 +0100

On 09.12.2017 09:22, Urs Liska wrote:
Until now I’ve stuck to my resolve to not open that can of potential
problems coming with less stable Ubuntu versions. How much of a risk is

there?
In general or specifically for LilyPond?
Frescobaldi has the discussed issue,*compiling*  LilyPond is pretty specific
issue due to the infamous Guile2 problem - but I think in general it's fairly
safe to use the latest Ubuntu releases.

I meant generally. My experience with Ubuntu 16.04 is that I very rarely have to invest any time in OS problems; is that likely to become more with 17.04 or 17.10?

However, weren't you one of those who "enjoyed" the fun of a major version
update? ;-)

Yes, I was. But I think I know how to avoid that ‘fun’ in future: having a separate home partition now, I’d just overwrite the old version and install the new one from scratch.

Best, Simon