Re: cross-staff stems in a piano part

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: cross-staff stems in a piano part
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 21:58:58 -0500

On Sat, Dec 09, 2017 at 08:29:54PM EST, Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Hi Chris,

> Just look up the syntax for 'cross staff stems' in the NR. It's pretty
> simple.

> I don't know much about 2.18.2, but I imagine that feature is there.
> By the way, have you considered upgrading to 2.19.80? It's very stable
> and the 19 series have so many good features it seems a pity to
> languish in the past!

I'll take another look at the "cross staff stems" documentation.

As to upgrading lilypond I tend to stick with the version that is
provided by my distribution (debian stable) unless I really need one
particular new feature.

If an upgrade is at all necessary within the limited scope of this
particular project, I will check out more current environments that
I have handy (archlinux, ubuntu) so I can look at once in a while in
case I'm wondering which way things are headed.

I'll remember to take a quick peek some time tomorrow... see what they
have to offer.

Thanks,

CJ