Re: Frescobaldi 3 build on Ubuntu 17.10

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 3 build on Ubuntu 17.10
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:09:06 +0100

Am 10.12.2017 um 02:45 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
Hi All,

Attempting to get to the bottom of the Frescobaldi dependency merry-go-round,

Thank you for that!

I end up - having carefully checked everything - with the old crash after the splash screen core dump.

:-(

Altogether miserable. I remember trying to debug the source code for this a while ago and came to grief then.

I am 98% sure that this problem is *not* related to any code within Frescobaldi.

As this is probably OT, where is the most appropriate place to discuss this topic to move it forward? The Google Groups Frescobaldi group is more or less moribund, or has very low traffic and commands little attention I have found.

Any suggestions? I am prepared to do the work to solve this, but I do not know where the correct forum is.

The "correct" forum would be Frescobaldi's Github issue tracker, but I'm afraid this will yield even less exchange than the Frescobaldi Google group. So I suggest to actually discuss it on the lilypond-user list as it isn't *that* off-topic IMO.

But you may try looking into https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+pyqt - the list of all issues containing "pyqt" somehow. (Also look into the closed issues)

https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/issues/838 was one which helped me to get it running at one point.

Urs

Andrew