Re: Convert from Personal Composer to Lilypond?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Convert from Personal Composer to Lilypond?
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 09:31:22 +0100

On 10.12.2017 20:33, Andy Bradford wrote:
Hello,

I searched  the archives (and also  search engines) and couldn't  find a
discussion about converting Personal Composer (.pc files) into Lilypond,
so I thought I would ask if anyone knows of a conversion tool.

I could manually engrave  it again from the PDF output  that I have, but
it would be quicker if there is a tool for conversion.

I have never heard of that software.
There is limited MusicXML import functionality with LilyPond (different projects have been working on that; musicxml2ly, philomelos), also there’s midi2ly. AFAIK both can be used without problem for very basic input, but as soon as it gets more complicated, heavy manual editing is required, and often it’s cheaper to create LilyPond code from scratch. So if Personal Composer has MusicXML or MIDI export, you could give either a shot.

Best, Simon