Re: Ties between bottom two staff lines and top two staff lines position

From: Robert Murdoch
Subject: Re: Ties between bottom two staff lines and top two staff lines positioned strangely
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 09:20:32 +0000

Well, ties on other notes seem to be positioned just above or below the notes (unless they're in a interval/chord) which I think is the standard. I guess it does boil down to a matter of taste in the end, but I don't think I've seen ties in a professional score be positioned the way they are for treble F4, treble E5, etc. in LilyPond, not for single notes anyway. Either that, or I overlooked them. It just looks inconsistent and it's slightly grated on me since I first started used this program in 2014, though only now have I thought to discuss it.

For comparison, I've attached an image I found of how ties usually look at treble E5.