Re: Auto-transposition

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Auto-transposition
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 09:47:18 -0500

Hi Neo,

> I'm new to Lilypond, coming over from a commercial program.

Welcome!

> The issue:
> I seem to get measures auto-transposed one by one.
> I have one bar of music, then the second one gets transposed one octave
> higher, the next one even one octave higher, and so on.
>
> Without /relative command, the x5 chords get messed up.I use variables but I
> get the same issue without them too.
> Minimal example auto-transpose-minimal.ly

I can't access your file for some reason…?

But as a user of Lilypond for over fifteen years, I *will* recommend that you
consider avoiding relative entry mode — using absolute mode (and, when
appropriate, \fixed) will like save you headaches (like the one you're
encountering right now) in both the short and long term.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info