Re: Converting musicxml files

From: Mike Dean
Subject: Re: Converting musicxml files
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:17:33 -0500

Am not sure how long Lilypond is to be running before expecting output (error messages or otherwise), but am hoping that it is not hanging...

Mike Dean

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 12:10 PM, Mike Dean <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Martin:
I am not sure if I was doing the steps correctly (was working with Frescobaldi 3.01 and LP 2.19.42; have since updated to 2.19.80)
Am trying the steps again; in 2.19.42 I got no output

  1. Menu File > Import MusicXML
  2. Select a MusicXML file
  3. Execute musicxml2ly

Expect: The import dialog disappears and a new code window with the generated ly file should open
Actual: The import dialog disappears but nothing else

In 2.19.80 LP is running (and says it can take some time...), so will post another after the process completes ....

Mike Dean