Re: Question about the horizontal spacing

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Question about the horizontal spacing
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 18:43:18 -0500

On 12/11/2017 6:09 PM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Ben,

I see what you mean but couldn't you just change it to Score.BarLine then? It seems to work here, no? :)
No, at least not as I understand the OP: there should be an equal/minimum gap between the barline and the left-hand edge of the lyric.
That's not true in your snippet (cf. measure 3).

Cheers,
Kieren.

Hey Kieren!

I thought the OP was only concerned with the space from the barline to the first note of each bar, right?

To my eyes, that space looks pretty much the same in each - but of course in measure 3 the "aaaa" is forcing a weird spacing to the "bb" because of the long word, which is a whole other issue I thought?

Maybe it's an illusion and I'm seeing things after a wicked long day here...but I swear the pre "a/aa/aaaa/a" space looks the same.

Am I crazy? Fix me!

Help me "see" the light please :)

Thanks!