Re: DrumStaff vs Staff for instrument name

From: Jacques Menu Muzhic
Subject: Re: DrumStaff vs Staff for instrument name
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:04:08 +0100

Thanks David, I’ll use \with {} for that.

JM

Le 13 déc. 2017 à 13:10, David Kastrup <address@hidden> a écrit :

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

Caagr98 <address@hidden> writes:

In `engraver-init.ly` (line 111 on my version), there is a line saying
`\alias "Staff"`. That line makes the DrumStaff context listen to
`\set Staff.*` as well as `\set DrumStaff.*`. (DrumVoice is similarly
aliased to Voice.)

They're both equal, so I'd recommend using `Staff.*` for
consistency.

InstrumentName is one of those properties which one should not really
set via \override but in a \with construct (context modification).
Otherwise it will tend to be too late when a staff (or a parallel staff)
starts with grace notes.

Well, instrumentName I meant, and "not really set vua \set".  Cough
cough.

--
David Kastrup