Re: Re: Auto-transposition

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Re: Auto-transposition
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 14:52:48 +0100

On 2017-12-15 13:30, Ralph Palmer wrote:

Greetings -

Just a reminder and note:

I have been using \relative for years and have been quite happy with it. Perhaps my situation is fairly unique. I transcribe a lot of fiddle tunes, then transpose them down an octave and into alto clef. Using \relative is easier for me than using absolute pitches and \transpose, especially when I need to move an A part or B part up or down an octave because the fiddle tune won't all fit on the viola down an octave.

My point being that I understand the arguments for absolute pitch entry and I prefer \relative pitch entry. I think there's room for both.

All the best,

Ralph

Agreed!

By the way, whoever is working on the Changes document for upcoming 2.20, don't forget to mention about \fixed!

   /Mats