RE: Auto-transposition

From: mogens
Subject: RE: Auto-transposition
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 07:43:55 -0800

Hi List,

I have used Lilypond for a few years now.  I (almost) always use \relative and I have never had trouble with it.  Indeed, as a lay person, I have no idea which octave

  c'4 d' e' f' g'1

is – I know I could look it up, but it is certainly not in my head.  So for someone with little or no formal musical training, I think \relative is the best way to go – and I selfishly think that the documentation should be written for people such as me.

Regards,

Mogens