Re: "\includepdf" in LilyPond

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: "\includepdf" in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 20:40:09 +0100

OK,

I've got several replies which mostly went into the same direction: it's not worth the hassle forcing LilyPond to take control over the LaTeX generation. Generally it's much easier to have either LaTeX control the compilation of a volume or directly generate building blocks independently and joing them afterwards.

However, my incentive was that I wanted to create title pages (i.e. exactly 1 page) and would prefer doing that from within my Frescobaldi working environment. So maybe a compromise would be to have an external script doing the non-engraving work but trigger it from either within Frescobaldi or LilyPond.

I can experiment with Frescobaldi snippets to first run LilyPond and the LaTeX and/or pdftk.

OTOH: is it possible to have LilyPond trigger an external program *after* the PDF has been created? I recall getting an answer for a hook that works at the very end of the engraving process (this should allow me to write out data into a log file that has only been generated during the after-line-breaking stage). Is there such a hook to execute after the PDF has been written?

Best
Urs