Reduce PianoStaves for rest

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Reduce PianoStaves for rest
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 19:20:04 +0100

I have a score for an orchestra instrument (harp). The harp starts after tens of measures. There are several meter changes. Therfore a simple multi-measure-rest is inappropriate. Instead I would like to write all measures and meter changes, so that the harpist can follow the music and get the right moment to start.

For that purpose it's not necessary to write this multi lines of rest measures in two staves. I would like to reduce the lines that have only rests to a single staff line. I.e. somthing similar like \RemoveEmptyStaves, but it should leave one staff line. I tried to adapt http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=307 and changed ChoirStaff to PianoStaff. But this doesn't work if I make this change.

Any idea?

Best regards
Helge