Re: Beam question

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Beam question
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 13:22:26 -0500

On 12/21/2017 1:16 PM, Mike Dean wrote:
Ben: That serves me right for ripping a text out of context and forgetting to put an "8" after the first note in the snippet...
\version "2.19.80"
\language "english"
  \clef treble
  \key c \major
  \time 3/4
<< { d,8 g d g fs a | d, g d g }
       \\

Mike Dean

On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Ben <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/21/2017 1:05 PM, Mike Dean wrote:
In a piece with a double backslash to denote voices

  \clef treble
  \key c \major
  \time 3/4
<< { d, g d g fs a | d, g d g }
       \\

The construct  ends after beat 2, leaving the four eighth notes unbeamed. is there something in the manual beaming syntax that I can use to beam the four notes?

Hi Mike,
I'm afraid your code does not compile due to failed bar checks. I don't see any eighth notes.
Can you re-check the code? :) They are all quarter notes in 3/4 time.

\version "2.19.80"
\language "english"
  \clef treble
  \key c \major