Re: Hammer-on and pull-off

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: Hammer-on and pull-off
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 15:31:05 +0100

Hi,

in my experience there seems to be a difference in notiation between classical music for gutiar and popular music. So far I have never seen H or P in scores for classical guitar, but sometimes in educational books.

On the other hand I have sometimes seen it in sheet music for popular music, mainly in the tabulature but sometimes in the actual score too.

HTH,

Bart

Hello folks,

The LPNR states that:

Hammer-on and pull-off can be obtained using slurs.

\new TabStaff {
  \relative c' {
    d4( e\2)
    a( g)

Is that the regular way to write such fretted strings instruments music, or is sometimes an H or P placed between the two notes, as Finales does (see attached image)?

Thanks for your help!

JM