Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies

From: bb
Subject: Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 15:42:52 +0100

As I remarked, I could not install frescobaldi 3.0 on ubuntu version 17 (as I remember that is true for 16 as well).
I had success with ubuntu 18.2 brands (and higher). I sent some mails to frescobaldi and the lilypond list. i.e see lilypond list from 09.12.2017 10:21.
As I can reconstruct out of that, the crucial program was
python3-poppler-qt5
and I posted "the error message popplerqt5 is misleading as python3-poppler-qt5 is needed".
As i think to remember that was not offered in the repository older than ubuntu version 18? (Cannot check that, do actually not have any version older than 18.2 runing. May be it was aded in the meantime?)

In my posting mentioned above I reported a frescobaldi crash  in using the template function of the menu, a problem with PyQt5.QtSvg. After some distro updates this is not longer true! A positive message!

regards