Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 11:06:57 +0100

Have you installed python3-pyqt5, the python binding for Qt5?
sudo apt install python3-pyqt5
Have you installed python3-ly 09.5? The distro repository offers the old version 0.9.3-1. That does not work!
Get it from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-ly/0.9.5
Try again
sudo apt install python3-poppler-qt5

On my linux version (UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial, that is a version 18.x) I could install frescobaldi 3.0.0. As I repeatedly pointed out in different postings I never could install version 3.0.0 on older ubuntu versions. (And I tryed hard!).

Let's check: Had somebody from the list success with frescobaldi 3.0.0 on an older linux version than ubuntu 18?

check the version with
$ cat /etc/*-release
or
cat /etc/issue
or one of the many other commands for that.

I wish you good luck and all members of the list a merry christmas