Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 18:54:48 +1100

Hello Urs and all,

Following your excellent instructions on the dependenicies, always difficult to work out, especially when detail is missing, I am immediately presented with the same old core dump on startup, as per usual. I am using Ubuntu 17.10, kernel 4.13.0-21-generic (not that the kernel would make a difference!).

Clearly there are deeper dependencies and issues at play here. I would not have imagined a python program could be so troublesome, and so difficult to understand and fix. I guess it is due to the complexity of the Qt ecosystem world.

I remain stuck on Mint 18 for F&L at the moment therefore. Annoying, as all my other work is on Ubuntu 17.

Andrew