Re: Two short questions

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Two short questions
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 15:31:05 +0000

On 28/12/17 15:03, Jérôme Plût wrote:
> 2. In virtually all orchestra scores I play the alphabetic marks skip
> the letter J. However format-mark-box-letters skips the letter I. So
> at each rehearsal this confuses all my colleagues. Since they are
> obviously slow to learn that I == J, does there exist a simple way to
> make a format-mark-box-letters that uses I instead of J, or should I
> start scheming something out of of make-markalphabet-markup?
> (see attachment, line 2)

Not that my scheme-fu is up to it, but I do something similar with the
header layout code.

Find the function that defines "letters" as "ABCDEFGHJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ".
Copy it into the appropriate place in your score (I've made mine an
include file, much easier) and change J to I.

Then carry on using box-letters, just that your custom version skips J.

The alternative is to use mark-alphabet, and after "\mark \default %I",
instead of doing \default, do "\mark 10", which explicitly jumps J.

Cheers,
Wol