Re: Two short questions

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Two short questions
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 16:37:40 +0100

Am 28.12.2017 um 16:34 schrieb Malte Meyn:

Am 28.12.2017 um 16:03 schrieb Jérôme Plût:
1. I am typesetting some music which is in 2/1, and mark using a cut
time signature. How is it possible with Lilypond to put a ℂ symbol for
a 2/1 time ? (see attachment, line 1)

   \time 2/1
   \set Score.timeSignatureFraction = 2/2

2. In virtually all orchestra scores I play the alphabetic marks skip
the letter J. However format-mark-box-letters skips the letter I. So
at each rehearsal this confuses all my colleagues. Since they are
obviously slow to learn that I == J, does there exist a simple way to
make a format-mark-box-letters that uses I instead of J, or should I
start scheming something out of of make-markalphabet-markup?
(see attachment, line 2)

I made a generic mark formatting function that can do that, I just have to find it, give me some minutes ;)

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-05/msg00156.html

If you (or someone else) like it, I’ll follow Harm’s suggestion in the quoted post and make a patch for discussion.