Re: Change the text within a volta

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Change the text within a volta
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 21:35:20 +0000

On 30/12/17 18:48, nokel81 wrote:
> Thank you very much however, my text comes out really weird. I have set my
> font- name to "sans" but that doesn't seem to help.
> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5510/ordinary.png>

I think the problem(s) I had were

1) the default font was only numbers, hence having to set the font to
something with the alphabet, and
2) yes I also had the problem with the weird letters.

Fonts in lilypond give me grief. It could be you haven't actually got
sans, so it's selecting the closest match which is the fonts it uses for
music text like forte, sforzando etc, which is why you have the weird
italic.

I'll have to let someone else talk you through that, but it clearly is a
font problem :-(

If you care to search the list archives, the piece is Radetzky March so
if you search for posts of mine about Radetzky, you'll find the
thread(s) where people helped me.

Cheers,
Wol