Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies

From: lists
Subject: Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 00:59:38 +0000

Hi all,

I must add some more confusion to this issue.

I just had the opportunity to install a new OS from scratch and did (exactly) the following:This gave me a *working* installation of Frescobaldi, including LilyPond 2.18.2 and both the PDF and the SVG viewer working properly

After making the frescobaldi and python-ly Git repositories available (and installing Git itself) I could invoke frescobaldi directly wtih
PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/path/to/python-ly python3 /path/to/frescobaldi

which gave me a working "development" version of Frescobaldi.

I haven't yet figured out how to add a menu entry for the Git installation (it seems the package manager installation "shadows" the other one), but I have to state that I *did* successfully install Frescobaldi 3 on a clean Ubuntu 17.10 installation without *any* dependency problems.

Urs