Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 12:48:09 +0100

Am 31.12.2017 um 12:30 schrieb bb:
I think you cannot install different versions of frescobaldi or parallel from different sources. You might simply remove the repository version, try again and see what happens.

As I wrote I *can* and *did* install the versions from the package manager and from the Git repository side by side.
All you have to take care of is to invoke the right "frescobaldi" Python file and to point Python to the right version of python-ly.
The only thing I didn't manage to do is create alternative starter files for the MATE applications menu.

Concerning the description on http://www.frescobaldi.org/download.html
there are some errors for frescobaldi 3.0.0, the dependency list is incomplete and versions are wrongly noted
one needs Python3-Poppler-Qt5, for me Python-Poppler-Qt5 did not work
for some reason I argue python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit is neded, that is not on the list
may be more issues?

I have never touched this page, but I can have a look. the .qtwebkit package is needed as - other than with PyQt4 - it is not a core component anymore. It is only needed to display SVG files, though, so not everyone will notice the error.

Try to install the dependencies with
sudo apt install git python3-pyqt5 python3-pyqt5.qtsvg python3-poppler-qt5 python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit
see
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/wiki/Running-Frescobaldi-3-From-Source-Git-(Linux)

Well, I *wrote* that page ;-)
(and added the qtwebkit dependency a few days ago)

What I realized yesterday is that installing the "frescobaldi" package with apt installed *all* necessary dependencies for me, and I could simply use them afterwards for the Git version.

Best
Urs

Happy new year with frescobaldi running. hopefully