Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 16:16:37 -0600

On Dec 31, 2017, at 5:30 AM, bb <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think you cannot install different versions of frescobaldi or parallel from
> different sources. You might simply remove the repository version, try again
> and see what happens.
>
> Concerning the description on http://www.frescobaldi.org/download.html
> there are some errors for frescobaldi 3.0.0, the dependency list is
> incomplete and versions are wrongly noted
> one needs Python3-Poppler-Qt5, for me Python-Poppler-Qt5 did not work
> for some reason I argue python3-pyqt5.qtwebkit is neded, that is not on the
> list
> may be more issues?

Looking at the Frescobaldi install from source page, it clearly indicates that
the Python stuff should be from the same version (3.4 or higher).  I would hope
that following the recipe will result in a working install for you.

******************
Frescobaldi 3 needs Python version 3.4+, PyQt5 and Python-Poppler-Qt5. And of
course python-ly and Python-PortMidi, installed for the same Python version.

Installation order:

        • Install Python 3.4 or higher
        • Install PyQt5, using the same Python version of course.
        • Install python-ly
        • Install Frescobaldi (will work, but without PDF and MIDI support)
        • Install Python-Poppler-Qt5
        • Install Python-PortMidi. If this one is difficult to install, you can
also use Pygame, which too contains the Python-PortMidi library. Use the
correct Python version!

Hope this helps!