Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: Next round on frescobaldi dependencies
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 11:57:50 +0100

You write "Ubuntu 17", there are two versions
Ubuntu 17.04 (Zesty Zapus)
On 17.04 I never got running frecobaldi3 and reported repeatedly about.
Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark)
On 17.10 it is possible to install, as others confirmed reading the actual mails in the thread. An ubuntu update might cure your frustration. But as reported, not without some difficulties with different library versions.

There is a new LTS ubuntu version anounced for 2018-04-26
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver)
May be you have the patience to wait for it?

I for myself know - out of experience - that things never get better, but will produce new troubles with library versions.

Happy New Year!