Re: New information (success report) for Frescobaldi 3 and the Ubuntu 16

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: New information (success report) for Frescobaldi 3 and the Ubuntu 16.04 repositories
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 00:56:53 +0100

Hi Urs,

I did now test the instructions on an Ubuntu 16.04 Live system, and it seems to work (Frescobaldi is up and running; I didn’t test any of the features).
There’s one typo: popller->poppler.
My first question would be: what solution to using a .desktop file and still use the correct python-ly, but IIUC that’s already covered by your TODO list.
Another item to be covered would be configuring MIDI output. I remember that on one of the attempts that I made to install I also tried to set up python-portmidi following http://frescobaldi.org/download, but that seemed to be a new can of worms and I couldn’t get it to work (didn’t dig deep either).

Best, Simon