Re: Introducing Hacklily, another online LilyPond editor

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: Introducing Hacklily, another online LilyPond editor
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 12:23:10 +0100

I am completely confused.

Hackily did not impress me, but due to this "not Windows" discussion I opened
https://github.com/hacklily/hacklily
and read
"... It consists of a frontend Lilypond editor using monaco (the editor that powers vscode) and a backend Lilypond renderer. ..." monaco is a visual script editor. Visual script is a Microsoft language and available for the Mac, there is a link https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/setup/linux, never tried it.
monaco looks interesting, downloaded with
npm install address@hidden
npm is the package manager for JavaScript and the world’s largest software registry. JavaScript is alanguage I am interested and ahe one preferece (beside some others).
If I find some time I may check the code for curiosity.

To say it diplomatically, I do not have any problem with "an OS that is not Windows" and do not say to appreciate this statement. But beside strong liking of other OS, is there a technical reason for this and which?

Regards