Re: Generate Random Pitches and Accidentals?

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Generate Random Pitches and Accidentals?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 15:11:31 -0500

On 1/8/2018 12:44 PM, Joshua Nichols wrote:
I'm looking for a resource that can generate pitches at different octaves, using different spellings, including accidentals.

Has someone already implemented this? I'm trying not to reinvent the wheel.

--
Josh

Hi Josh,

What is your end goal with this? School project? Composition tool?

I did something like this once a while back, though it was easier and faster for me at the time to just load up Reaper, use a plugin/script to generate the random note data, and just export out the notation to pdf or musicxml. Then it was all LilyPond after that for my project.

Does this have to be contained fully in LilyPond for your purposes?

Give us some more info please :)