Re: fondu fails on newer OS X versions

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: fondu fails on newer OS X versions
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:03:00 -0600

> On Jan 12, 2018, at 12:03 PM, padovani <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> it seems that I'm having the mentioned fondu issue while running LilyPond
> 2.19.80 on OSX 10.11.6 - El Capitan.
> [http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/fondu-problems-on-El-Capitan-td189203.html]
>

> Is there a fix around? Digging the LilyPond user, developer and bug lists I
> didn't found the fix, although someone mentioned a patch.
>
> Thank you very much for any help on this

Testing this on my system is interesting.  On my Mac running 10.13.2, Lilypond
2.18.2-1 and Frescobaldi 2.20.0 I do not see this issue.  Changing the font
name with an override compiles the .ly file gracefully and with the correct
font.  There is no fondu complaint at all.

This may not be comparing apples to apples.  Is there something different in
LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/fondu in 2.18.2-1 compared to 12.19.80?  Or
perhaps Frescobaldi’s involvement changes things?

Note that I downloaded the precompiled Lilypond and Frescobaldi binaries rather
than rolling my own, although I am not 100% sure about the Lilypond install at
this late date and possibly compiled that myself.  My current Lilypond install
is dated 2014-3-17; Frescobaldi is dated 2017-2-19.