Re: GSoC applications

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: GSoC applications
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 10:40:55 +0100

Hi Elaine,

Am 13. Januar 2018 23:30:16 MEZ schrieb Flaming Hakama by Elaine
<address@hidden>:
> [...]

Great!

>I agree that, before it is GSoC-consumbale, I think there needs to be
>some
>discussion about how it fits together, and break it into parts, each
>appropriate for a project.
>
>I'm in the midst of writing up some notes and suggestions, but I
>figured
>I'd mention my interest first.

That's good.
I suggest you create a new thread with these thoughts. When you have something
concrete I can pick it up and add it to the website.

There are two general deadlines:

Jan 23 is the deadline for mentoring organizations 'applications. From then
Google staff may look at the proposals pages. However, as we are only part of
GNU I don't think one project more or less is terribly important.

Feb 12 the participating organizations will be announced. So from then students
will browse the GSoC site and may land on our page. So by then we should have
all the information online.

Best
Urs