Re: Left-handed fretboard?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Left-handed fretboard?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 02:03:06 +0100

> Francis,
>
> On 1/16/18, 2:32 PM, "francisperea" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     Just a simple question, does anybody know if there is any way to create
>     left-handed fretboard diagrams for guitar and/or ukulele?
>
> There is not a simple way at present, but it would be much easier to add a
> simple way than to rewrite the fretboards.  We just need to add a property to
> fret-diagram-details.

I'd rather prefer, if one could set
stringOneTopmost = ##f
in FretBoards and let the printing-procedure respect it (similiar to TabStaff)

> I assume (without experience) that a left-handed fretboard is just mirrored
> about the centerline parallel to the strings?

I tried the coding below doing so, but I'm not very happy, it's sort
of "all or nothing"...

\include "predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly"

#(let ((default-fret-table-ls (hash-table->alist default-fret-table)))
      (for-each
        (lambda (chord-def)
          (hash-set!
            default-fret-table