Re: Left-handed fretboard?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Left-handed fretboard?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 16:12:51 +0000

On 1/16/18, 11:08 PM, "francisperea" <address@hidden> wrote:

    <quote author=&quot;Carl Sorensen-3&quot;
    Interestingly enough, if I understand it right, string 1 is topmost for both
    left-handed and right-handed guitars.  So it seems to me that
    stringOneTopmost is probably not the right property to use.
    &lt;/quote>

    In fact string 1 is in all cases the bottommost string, the thinnest one.
    The topmost is the thickness one and is referenced as string 6 or string 4
    depending on the instrument.

How do you define topmost?  When I play the (right-handed) guitar, the thinnest
string (string 1) is on the top of the guitar (farthest away from the floor).
That's how I've defined topmost (and that's how it's used in tablature, as
well, iiuc – the highest pitch, the thinnest string, and the top from the floor
are all the same string, and they show up on the top of the tablature).

Do you have a different understanding?

Thanks,

Carl