Re: Left-handed fretboard?

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Left-handed fretboard?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 17:18:01 -0700 (MST)

Indeed, Karlin,

you are perfectly right - thanks for the observation!
This is definitely not a Windows problem, it's an unwanted side effect of
using negative string distances:
The total width (5 times the string distance on a 6 string instrument) has
to be increased by the half the line thickness on either side in order to
neatly align.

In our mirrored case, the (negative!) line thickness is added, i.e. the line
thickness is actually being subtracted (!), so that the horizontal bar (the
"nut") aligns with the inner margins of the "strings" rather than the outer
margins.

If we want to deliberately and officially use the negative string distance
hack, we could adapt the width calculation by just adding the *absolute
value of the string thickness* (thus ignoring the sign of string-distance) -
that'll do the trick.

Nighty-night
Torsten