Re: PDF woes

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: PDF woes
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 08:28:46 -0600

On Wed 17 Jan 2018 at 22:46:36 (-0600), Travis Weller wrote:
> Hi Andrew and Karlin -
>
> I'm using the default editor which is included in the MacOS build of
> lilypond. I'm not using Frescobaldi.
>
> And yes, I've checked that I'm using preview mode. The links are there. I
> can see them when I mouse over, and they work in Acrobat. I've looked
> through all the options I can find in the Preview app and haven't seen
> anything that might be blocking the links. I'd use Acrobat if the PDF would
> update properly, but there is a disclaimer in the documentation that says
> only the Mac preview app will auto-update after you typeset the file.

Not being a mac user, nor acrobat, I probably won't be much help.

Just to point out, though, that auto-update is rather ambiguous.
Some applications will auto-update a display instantly and completely
automatically (so they're either polling or being notified). Some
will update whenever they redraw the window for some reason (xdvi
behaves like this IIRC), and some need to be told (like xpdf).
What do your applications expect?

When LP runs, does it overwrite the same file inode or create a
new file and then rename it? Does the new mac filesystem have
any bearing on this?

Have you tried any other PDF viewers, FOSS or otherwise?

Cheers,
David.