Re: PDF woes

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: PDF woes
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 21:54:46 +0100

Am 2018-01-18 um 17:48 schrieb Travis Weller <address@hidden>:

> > Any reason not to try Frescobaldi?
>
> Well, I've checked it out and I'm kind of partial to the default editor
> primarily because it uses a much nicer looking vector output. To my eye,
> Frescobaldi's output view is rasterized at low resolution.

I can assure you that this is not normal with Frescobaldi.

Did you use the precompiled binary or did you compile yourself? With other GUI
toolkits (wxPython) I had to enable antialiasing, but since there’s no setting
in Frescobaldi, either Qt does it always, or it’s activated in the code.

I’m still using the stable version 2.20.0. Version 3 switched to Qt5, there
could be a problem - can anyone confirm missing antialiasing?

> If the answer to this question is that no one uses the default editor anymore
> because everyone prefers an external one -- I guess too bad for me. I doubt
> I'm the only one though. If Preview's link problem can't be fixed, I'd
> suggest at least allowing Acrobat to be used as a viewer by solving whatever
> problem prevents updating upon creation of a new PDF.

Is Acrobat your default PDF viewer (i.e. opens when you doubleclick any PDF)?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm