Re: PDF woes

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: PDF woes
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 12:33:58 +1100

Hi Tim,

Au contraire, Preview is a remarkably sophisticated program. It can follow links - hover over a note and the link appears as a tooltip - but it appears to be broken currently, as does Adobe Acrobat Pro. Some Mac OS X issue or security setting.

Andrew

On 19 January 2018 at 05:33, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 10:46 PM, Travis Weller <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm using the default editor which is included in the MacOS build of lilypond. I'm not using Frescobaldi.
>
> And yes, I've checked that I'm using preview mode. The links are there. I can see them when I mouse over, and they work in Acrobat. I've looked through all the options I can find in the Preview app and haven't seen anything that might be blocking the links. I'd use Acrobat if the PDF would update properly, but there is a disclaimer in the documentation that says only the Mac preview app will auto-update after you typeset the file.

<snip>

> On 18 January 2018 at 10:16, Travis Weller <address@hidden> wrote:

This has in my experience never worked.  The Preview.app apparently has no way to communicate back to the editor.  It is an exceedingly basic little application and philosophically Apple does not particularly like apps interacting and communicating with each other.  If Acrobat works, then I would suggest using that.