Re: Openlilylib edition-engraver. I need help understanding how to refer

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Openlilylib edition-engraver. I need help understanding how to reference contexts.
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 20:07:44 +0100

Hi Stefano,

if you write
 { \clef F <<
as in your file eetest-not-working.ly you have this in your Staff
context: \clef F and then afterwards two voices at the same time.
More explicitly, your code is interpreted as somthing like:

\new Staff {
  \new Voice { \clef F
    <<
      \new Voice ...
      \new Voice ...

The \clef F can not be without bottom context so a Voice context is
created automatically. This is your voice A but it does not contain notes.
Your explicit voices are probably named B and C (I have not checked) so
you can address them via B and C.

Or you can put the clef inside the first explicit voice which is then A
again.

HTH,
Joram