Re: TAB with right hand fingering(s) IN CHORDS ?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: TAB with right hand fingering(s) IN CHORDS ?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:03:13 +0100

Éric <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas Morley-2 wrote
>> Though, you're right in so far as TabStaff is usually regarded as a
>> notation where already is shown what to _do_.
>> Thus, fingerings, stroke-finger, string-numbers are superfluous.
>
> I think a tablature is a notation showing where_to_go but not
> how_to_do_it.

It's normal to have the proper score above.  If you don't, you are
supposed to use \tabFullNotation and then how_to_do_it is definitely
also on its task list.  Normal notation primarily reflects what_it_means
but can be enriched with information to the degree where all other
information is present.

--
David Kastrup